As you get older, you may notice that your skin loses its elasticity. It results in the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and saggy skin. If you wish to get rid of those lines and smoothen them out, you can opt for a Facelift.
A facelift is medically termed as Rhytidectomy. It is a cosmetic surgical procedure that helps you reduce the signs of ageing and appear younger by either removing excess skin, smoothing out deep folds and wrinkles, or tightening your facial tissue. The procedure results in the reduction of wrinkles, sagging and excessive skin folds that generally occur on your cheeks, jawline and neck.
is a cosmetic surgical procedure that helps you reduce the signs of ageing and appear younger by either removing excess skin, smoothing out deep folds and wrinkles, or tightening your facial tissue.
Here is a list of 5 of the most crucial aspects of a facelift that you should know before you opt for it.
- Do You Need A Facelift Or A Brow Lift?An important point to remember is that the facelift procedure is primarily focused on the lower part of the face and neck. If you feel the need to get your eyes or eyebrows lifted, you will have to opt for those procedures separately, in addition to a facelift.
- Be Very Sure Of What You Want And Your Desired Results
Before you opt for the procedure, you must have the desired outcome in mind. These results can be a change in the shape of your face using implants, reduction in lines and wrinkles using fillers or an improvement in the tone and texture of your face through resurfacing techniques.
- Have A Talk With Your Cosmetic Surgeon About The ProcedureAn important criterion to pay attention to is the degree of the change that you wish to see. It would decide the nature of your surgery and also its degree of invasiveness. If you desire to see stark differences, you’d have to opt for a more intensive procedure as opposed to a controlled incision surgery.
- Book An Appointment With Your General Physician Before You Go Under The KnifePaying a visit to your physician to get a comprehensive and updated list of allergens and all relevant tests along with their results is strongly advisable. It allows your surgeon to have a better idea of your general health and ensure that you are clear about the surgery. Additionally, it will help them assess all potential risk factors or complications that may arise during or post the procedure.
- Be Patient With Yourself!Before you opt for a facelift, you must account for the post-op procedures and make enough time for your recovery. You will have multiple follow up appointments post-surgery to assess your healing and also monitor your progress.
A Facelift Is The Key To A Youthful Face
At the end of the day, if you want to look more radiant and reduce the signs of ageing, a facelift is a good choice. Its results last much longer than regular botox injections. It also proves to be more cost-effective in the long run and gives you quick and lasting results.
“I was very happy with the consultation with Dr Bibilash, and his caring and professional manner. He went over every step with me and put my mind at ease. I would recommend Dr Bibilash to anyone who’s going to have facial surgery.” – A testimonial by our client, Ms Angela Bell. Ms Bell underwent the facelift procedure at Cosmetiq Clinic in 2019.